- Published: 08 October 2010
- Hits: 19053
IBCSR is a membership organization. Become a member today by clicking on the Register link in the Member Login area on the bottom left-hand corner of this page, or by simply clicking here.
- Members of the Institute receive a year's subscription to IBCSR's journal, Religion, Brain & Behavior, published by Taylor & Francis. The premier peer-reviewed journal for research in the biocultural study of religion, Religion, Brain & Behavior offers cutting-edge research and commentary on evolution, neuroscience, cultural studies, medicine, and religion. Membership is for one calendar year and the first issue is published in the first calendar quarter of each year. Those who join the Institute before November 30 will receive all issues for the year in which they become a member.
- The general public can register to receive the IBCSR Research Review, an invaluable resource summarizing each month’s most relevant publications for research in the biocultural study of religion. To register, use the signup box on the right side of the Institute's home page.
- Institute members have privileged access to a powerful, searchable database of all relevant journal articles and books ever published in the bio-cultural study of religion and in spirituality, medicine, and health research—including all publications collected in the IBCSR Research Review. Access to this extrordinary resource is highly valuable for researchers, students, and journalists. See here.
- Members have their own profile page at IBCSR.org, where they can update information and network with other people working, studying, teaching, and interested in the scientific study of religion.
- Members optionally receive occasional electronic mailings and newletters containing news about the Institute and about the scientific study of religion.
Becoming a Member
To become a member now, click on the Register link in the Member Login area at the bottom left of this page or by simply clicking here. There are three membership categories:
- Student members (enrolled full-time as a student in an accredited educational program): $35 per year.
- Retired members (both over the age of 65 and no longer receiving a salary): $40 per year.
- Regular members (working researchers, academics, professionals, etc.): $45 per year. Note that this is the same price as a year’s subscription to Religion, Brain & Behavior through Taylor & Francis, but members of IBCSR receive significant ancillary benefits.
There are two payment options:
- You can create a user account and pay dues online (using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmericanExpress, or DinersClub), and start your membership immediately.
- Alternatively, after you have created a user account, you can send a check to IBCSR Membership, 217 High Rock Street, Needham, MA 02492.
When you become a member, please consider also making a donation to IBCSR to help defray the high costs of producing our reliable, information-rich web site.
Journal subscriptions to Religion, Brain & Behavior must be for your private use only. Journal issues must be received at your private address, and they may not be placed in a physical or digital library nor in any way used to substitute for an existing or potential library subscription. Evidence of deviation from these conditions will, unfortunately, result in immediate termination of the subscription.