- Bits Blog: Lytro Goes After Prosumer Photographers With New Camera
- Justices Skeptical of Aereo’s Business
- A Million New Wireless Subscriptions Lift AT&T Revenue, but Profit Is Flat
- New York’s Case Against Airbnb Is Argued in Albany
- Advertising: With a Mouthful, A&W Hopes to Draw Baby Boomers’ Offspring
- The Media Equation: At Stake in the Aereo Case Is How We Watch TV
Video Games: Reviews: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, FarmVille 2: Country Escape and Monument Valley
New releases include a portion of the next chapter in the Metal Gear Solid series; a FarmVille 2 with the mobile gamer in mind; and a premium perceptual puzzle game.
- Bits Blog: Focus Turns to Samsung’s Patents at Trial
- Bits Blog: Americans Predict a Future Like Science Fiction
- DealBook: Chernin Teams With AT&T in Online Video Investment Venture
- Bits Blog: GitHub Founder Resigns After Investigation
- DealBook: For Square, Making Money Remains a Challenge
- Bits Blog: InBloom Student Data Repository to Close
It’s the Economy: If a Bubble Bursts in Palo Alto, Does It Make a Sound?
Silicon Valley’s isolation from the rest of the economy guarantees it can’t hurt us (or help us) much.
- Companies Built on Sharing Balk When It Comes to Regulators
Netflix Says It Opposes Comcast’s Merger Bid
It was the clearest statement on the merger from Netflix, nearly two months after it agreed to pay Comcast for a more direct connection to the cable operator’s Internet backbone.
Drones Are Becoming Energy’s New Roustabouts
Drones are now being used to monitor power lines, inspect oil and gas pipelines, check wind turbines for defects and pinpoint malfunctioning solar panels.
- Netflix to Raise Prices as Streaming Business Grows
Europe Remains Ahead of U.S. in Creating Smart Cities
Despite being hard hit by the financial crisis, European cities remain ahead of their counterparts in the United States in adopting new technology aimed at improving services.
- Disruptions: Friends, and Influence, for Sale Online