- The Art of ‘Something From Nothing’
- Yahoo Profit Is a Footnote to Alibaba’s Huge Gains
- Intel’s Profit Slips, but Investors Are Still Turning Toward Tech’s Staid Stalwarts
- DealBook: In Yahoo Earnings, a Peek at Alibaba’s Big Growth Ahead of Its I.P.O.
- Bits Blog: M.I.T.’s Alex Pentland: Measuring Idea Flows to Accelerate Innovation
- Bits Blog: Facebook Forces Users to Install Separate Messaging App
- Bits Blog: Twitter Acquires Gnip, Bringing a Valuable Data Service In-House
- Bits Blog: Samsung Executive Says Marketing Drove Phone Sales to No. 1
- Bits Blog: With Purchase of Drone Maker, Google Sees a Fleet of Satellites
- DealBook: Motorola Solutions to Sell Enterprise Business for $3.5 Billion
- Bits Blog: Storefront, Airbnb for Retail Spaces, Raises $7.3 Million
- Bits Blog: Mozilla Names Interim Chief
- Bits Blog: Twitter’s Biggest Shareholders Say They Won’t Sell Stock
Bits Blog: Huge New York Development Project Becomes a Data Science Lab
The developers of the Hudson Yards on Manhattan’s West Side are forming a partnership with the researchers at N.Y.U.’s Center for Urban Science and Progress to create a “quantified community” that uses data science to study and improve the urban environment.
- Disruptions: Bend It, Charge It, Dunk It: Graphene, the Material of Tomorrow
- Q&A: Adding a Religious Holidays Calendar
Bits Blog: Fast Home Wireless: A Content Weapon?
Broadcom, a semiconductor maker, announced a new kind of home router that will zip information around the house at about twice what a current, high-end home device can do.
Business Briefing: Google Revises Terms of Its Scans of Gmail
The revisions more explicitly detail the manner in which Google software scans users’ emails, an unpopular practice that has been at the heart of litigation.
Video Game Review: FTL: Faster Than Light by Subset Games
The video game FTL: Faster Than Light explores the newish frontier of permadeath.
Etsy, Home of the Handmade, Takes On a Wholesaler’s Role
The company, known for its small-scale artisans and handmade goods, will help some sellers get bigger, and take a commission.