- Earnings and Sales From Google Disappoint
When ‘Liking’ a Brand Online Voids the Right to Sue
The food company General Mills added language to its website to alert customers that they cannot take legal action against the company if they download coupons, enter a contest or connect with it in other ways.
- DealBook: In Disarray, Mt. Gox Signals a Move Toward Liquidation
Bits Blog: It’s Official: Yahoo’s Former No. 2 Made a Lot More Than His Boss
Henrique de Castro, who was fired as Yahoo’s chief operating officer in January, received about $96 million for his 15 months of service. Yahoo’s chief executive, Marissa Mayer, was awarded only $62 million in roughly the same time period.
- Bits Blog: Study Finds No Evidence of Heartbleed Attacks Before the Bug Was Exposed
- Bits Blog: How to Take the Ultimate Drone Selfie
- Profit and Revenue Slip at IBM as Hardware Sales Fall and Layoff Costs Rise
Despite Hurdles, House Democrats Hold Edge in Small Donations
A surge in online fund-raising has helped House Democrats raise nearly $20 million more than Republicans so far this election cycle among so-called small-dollar donations.
- Gadgetwise: Cut the Clutter in Your Social Media Accounts
- In Germany, Strong Words Over Google's Power
- Bits Blog: Can Facebook Innovate? A Conversation With Mark Zuckerberg
- Machine Learning: The Best Photo Organizing App? I’m Still Looking
- Bits Blog: Samsung Saw Death of Steve Jobs as a Time to Attack
- Bits Blog: Candy Crush to Expand to China
- Bits Blog: Tech Companies Commit to Offering a ‘Kill Switch’ for Preventing Phone Theft
Turkey Greets Twitter Delegation With List of Demands
Amid tensions over leaks on Twitter about an ongoing graft inquiry, company representatives attempted to smooth things over with the Turkish government.
- App Smart: Finding, Comparing and Booking Rooms
- Bits Blog: Facebook Requires Users to Install Separate Messaging App
State of the Art: The Future of Facebook May Not Say ‘Facebook’
The company’s strategy includes unbundling its mammoth social network into discrete and nimble components.
- Bits Blog: M.I.T.’s Alex Pentland: Measuring Idea Flows to Accelerate Innovation