- Bits Blog: Nest Buys Revolv, Maker of Smart Appliance Manager
- Alan Eustace Jumps From Stratosphere, Breaking Felix Baumgartner’s World Record
- DealBook: Roku, Video Streaming Service, Is Said to Consider I.P.O.
- F.C.C. Delays Auction of TV Airwaves for Mobile
- Bits Blog: Mark Zuckerberg, Speaking Mandarin, Tries to Win Over China for Facebook
- Q&A: Shining a Light on Nosy Apps
- Bits Blog: Malicious Ebola-Themed Emails Are on the Rise
- New York City Police to Be Equipped With Smartphones and Tablets
- Donald Pels, 86, Dies; Media Executive Saw Cellphone Future
- Amazon’s Investments Are Piling Up, as Big Losses
- Microsoft Offers Tantalizing Signs of Progress
Advertising: A Tech Twist on Home for the Holidays
The growth of marketing efforts for connected-home items is fueled by consumers’ appetite for new technology.
- The Met and Other Museums Adapt to the Digital Age
- Bits Blog: Survey Exposes Prevalence of Online Harassment
- Bits Blog: Facebook’s Rooms App Is a Flashback to Internet Bulletin Boards
- Bits Blog: Twitter Offers Tool, Digits, to Sign In to Apps With Just a Phone Number
- DealBook: Ello Enshrines Ad-Free Status in Charter and Raises $5.5 Million
- Bits Blog: Amazon Web Services to Open German Center
New Research Center Aims to Develop Second Generation of Surgical Robots
Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, are establishing a center for medical robotics with funding from the National Science Foundation and two private donors.
- Bits Blog: Apple’s Tim Cook Talks of Retail Expansion in China