- Bits Blog: Companies Back Initiative to Support OpenSSL and Other Open-Source Projects
- Bits Blog: Zynga Founder Leaves Daily Role at Struggling Game Maker
- Bits Blog: Some Setbacks for the Sharing Economy
Bits | State of the Art: The Cloud Industry Needs Aereo to Win. But Consumers Need Something Better.
The Supreme Court battle over Aereo could cast a pall over the cloud computing industry. For consumers, though, Aereo is too inefficient to become a useful service.
- F.B.I. Informant Is Tied to Cyberattacks Abroad
- F.C.C., in a Shift, Backs Fast Lanes for Web Traffic
- Facebook Profit Tripled in First Quarter
- Apple’s Profit Still Climbs, but Pressure is Growing
- Amazon to Stream Original HBO Content
- State of the Art: App-Controlled Hearing Aid Improves Even Normal Hearing
- Gadgetwise: Cellphone Cases to Prepare You for Anything, Even a Flat Tire
- Machine Learning: Windows Phone 8.1 Finally Catches Up to Its Rivals
- Bits Blog: IBM Opens Chip Architecture, in Strategy of Sharing and Self-Interest
- Bits Blog: Etsy Buys Grand St., a Boutique Electronics Start-Up
- App Smart: Making Your Selfies the Talk of Instagram
- Comparison Shopping: Amazon.com is learning the hard way that people care more about price than brand loyalty.
- Bits Blog: Lytro Goes After Prosumer Photographers With New Camera
- Justices Skeptical of Aereo’s Business
- A Million New Wireless Subscriptions Lift AT&T Revenue, but Profit Is Flat
- New York’s Case Against Airbnb Is Argued in Albany