- Sales of 2 New iPhone 6 Devices Top 10 Million in First Weekend
- Bits Blog: Pass the Word: The Phone Call Is Back
- DealBook: EMC Said to Have Held Talks Over ‘Merger of Equals’ With HP
- Bits Blog: Neil Gaiman Hints at the Talk Around Jeff Bezos’s Campfire
Bits Blog: Amazon Workers Walk Off the Job in Germany Over Wage Dispute
A total of 2,000 workers refused to show up for their shifts on Monday in an effort to force Amazon to accept an agreement in line with other retailers.
Venture Between AT&T and the Chernin Group Takes Majority Stake in Fullscreen
The deal with Fullscreen, a digital media company that connects online personalities and brands, is said to be valued at about $200 million to $300 million.
- Bits Blog: Hurd: Oracle Takes On Microsoft in the Cloud
Another View: Jack Ma on Alibaba, Entrepreneurs and the Role of Handstands
“They call me ‘Crazy Jack,’” Mr. Ma said. “I hope to stay crazy for the next 30 years.”
- DealBook: Alibaba I.P.O. Underwriters Increase Deal Size to Record-Setting $25 Billion
- DealBook: Silver Lake Reaps a Golden Return on Its Alibaba Stake After the I.P.O.
- DealBook: Siemens Agrees to Buy Dresser-Rand, an Oil Services Company, for $7.6 Billion
- For Airbnb and Uber, an Uneven Response by Regulators
Bits Blog: Oculus Brings the Virtual Closer to Reality
Virtual reality technology may attract big money from tech giants, but a conference to showcase one company’s products gave plenty of space to the small fry.
Those Dreaded Spoilers That Can Torpedo Dramatic Plot Take on a New Meaning
Revealing surprising plot twists and turns of a television show is no longer always seen as a social faux pas, and some experts are studying why.
Publications See Pinterest as Key Ally
Magazines like Better Homes and Gardens and Self increasingly see the photo-sharing site as a critical source of traffic — and emerging trends to cover.
- Citizens Financial Stock Offering, and a New BlackBerry
- China Clamps Down on Web, Pinching Companies Like Google
Peter Thiel and David Graeber Debate Technology’s Future
Peter Thiel, the Silicon Valley entrepreneur, debated barriers to technology with the anthropologist David Graeber at a forum in Manhattan.
- Bits Blog: Salesforce Boss Tips His Hand on Company’s Big News
- Bits Blog: Former Hampton Creek Executive Says He Will Not Advise Company